Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Fiber Optic Christmas Tree

Last year we were away for Christmas and in the process of moving into our new house, so we didn't get out any decorations for the holidays. This year I have to work Christmas Eve and Day so we are spending the holidays just the two of us at home. As a result, we had to splurge on some Christmas decorations so we could get into the spirit of the holiday! We started out early in December at Wal.Mart searching for the perfect tree. We stumbled upon this fiber optic tree and since Brandon loves anything fiber optic we took it home. Here is a picture...
And this one gives you a better idea of the colors...
Well, this tree was really fun to have around the house and we liked it, but it just wasn't a full on Christmas tree like we were both used to having. It's the small kind that you place on a table and it just might look a little funny if we place ornaments on it. So back to the store we went. To get a tree that fits more into our minds of Christmas. Now our home is decorated for the holidays! Sorry the lighting is bad. It was hard to get a good picture that captures the lights and decorations of our tree.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

8 comments:

Ali said...

Beautiful tree! -and already presents under the tree?! Sorry that you have to work Christmas this year...that is one thing I don't miss about work.

Tanner Taylor said...

pshhhhh the only beautiful tree is the fiber optic one! hi there btw brandon and connie XD bet yall didnt think i had a blog!

Angel said...

Your trees look great! Nothing beats a lit up tree around Christmas time. I think that is my favorite part! Maybe I'll be joining you for the first half of Christmas day at work...(I'm crossing my fingers to get put on call because I'm pretty sure I'm first on the list). If not we'll make it fun! :)

The Reichmans said...

I LOVE your short hair-it is super cute. Hey can you email me your address connie dear?
anne_reichman@mac.com

The Wilson Family said...

Hey, I am glad you left a comment and so now I got to see your blog. You have been much better at updating it! I am working in Oncology now at St. Peter's Hospital in Olympia. I'll email.. :o) I love love love your hair!! I want more pics up of you too.

Kat and Steve said...

You're right. The fiber-optic tree is cool, but the other one just so pretty and it just makes you feel like Christmas. You're working on Christmas, right? I'm on the schedule, but the way things are going these days you never know.

Anna said...

Merry Christmas! Did I tell you I tried to call when I was in Utah but I don't have Brandon's correct number anymore. SAD! But hey-y'all coming to Texas anytime???

Michelle said...

That fiberoptic tree is awesome. I have to say I like the second and more traditional one better. You did a great job decorating!! Hope your Christmas wasn't too bad....did you end up having to work? They put me on call