Monday, April 21, 2008

My SymMeTRiCaL FetTiSh


I absolutely love this game. I think it has become my all time favorite board game (if that is what you call these kinds of games). The other night, Brandon and I played to see if we could get all of our pieces on the board. It required a lot of strategy and a lot of symmetry. After we were through playing, I had so much symmetry in my head that I was going crazy and everything around the house had to be even or rather, symmetrical. Here is what it looked like...



...such a masterpiece. We were so proud of ourselves. Our next goal is to get all the pieces on the board and have zero white space between pieces. We think it's gonna be a hard one. Anyways, more about bLoKUs. It is a Worldwide Award Winner! Plus, Blokus is brain-building because it has educational insights. It is a very, very fun game for the whole family. Warning: Only play with Brandon after you have prepared yourself to lose. It must be all his strategy video games that made him...oh...so very good!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

So you think you like Blokus huh??? (Seth pronounces it blow-kus) Prepare yourself for Rubis!!! Root bought me it for my birthday last year and it is Blokus in 3-D - a must have. I played it with Seth and Jess a couple weekends ago -it got very competitive, and we havent yet figured out the strategy. Im sure Brandon will love it.

Ginger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ali said...

I've never heard of this game...looks fun though! Between this and your guitar hero post, i am quickly learning how very competitive you are! (way to go on the winnings by the way :) I get heated up on a game of nine-ball against Jeff on the Wii....are our husbands slowly turning us into computer or video game nerds? :(