Monday, April 14, 2008

To run, or not to run...


...the St. George Marathon. That has been the dilemma over the last week. You see, it is starting to get extremely gorgeous outside and my running groove is really getting strong. Every year that I run the marathon I tell myself never again. This is it. My marathon days are over and I will stick with shorter races. However, I keep finding myself going back. I don't think I can ever give up this great sport. The pounding on the asphalt, the sweat trickling everywhere, the heavy breathing, it's all just so irresistible! Actually, my goal is to qualify for the Boston Marathon. I have done it twice before but never went to Boston because the race is always during finals week. Well folks, this coming year I have decided that finals or no finals I am just going to run it. (Disclaimer: The FNP program doesn't really have any finals during that week, therefore, I will be okay!) As for the picture, I love that little demotivater. My friend gave it to me a few years ago and I thought it was hilarious.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Addicting...simply addicting it is. Although I have to say, I still have NO desire yet to run a full on marathon. Kudos to you for having done so and still finding the desire to do more!! I think I'll always stick to halves. :)

Gettum you!

Ginger said...

hahahaaha, connie i love that poster by the way. --had to send it to the guy thats coaching track with me. He claims that its abnormal to feel like you have to run all the time. I am still trying to explain that it is sooo very normal and that everyones doing it. I think my perspective might be a bit skewed. HOW many times have you run that marathon??? geez, you are sounding like an addict. you motivate me connie, I need to get out there a little more often. Thanks for posting so often too, -it really brightened my day =)