Tuesday, September 23, 2008

SHOULD be STUDYING

I really should be studying, but instead I want to blog. It has been nearly three years since I set foot in that BYU Testing Center. I was really nervous while walking from one end of campus to the other so I could enter that dreadful testing center. In fact, I was so nervous that I had to call Brandon to make sure I remembered everything I needed to bring with me. How could I forget- a pencil and my BYU ID card. It really has been a while. Well that ended today when I walked in to take my first real test in Graduate School! Oh, it felt weird. Floods of memories came back while I walked up the stairs to the triple doors area and then into the small room where you request your test and lastly into the giant room with rows and rows of desks. I sat in my usual area for tradition's sake and whipped through my test. It wasn't bad, at least I don't think. Maybe I will be saying different when I find out what I get in a week. Anyways, it feels more official now that I have made it through my first test. I guess I am 2 years closer now to being Connie, NP. Oh joy! By the way, the pictures are downloaded from the BYU Testing Center page. They are for all you fellow BYUians and BYU Alumni to reminisce about this building.

4 comments:

Ali said...

EEeewww...seeing those lines on the floor make me sick to my stomache! It totally brings me back- thanks and no thanks! :) Glad you got through your first returning test- I'm sure you did excellent.

Sam said...

I remember back in my old BYU days. I used to go to taco bell before a big test and eat as many bean burritos as i could without throwing up. Then I would proceed to the testing center to take my test. I never did very well on those tests, but hey, at least i took a four chair circumference of fellow test takers down with me.

Anna said...

Ha, oh the testing centers. What silly places!

summerk said...

Connie!
Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog. It's been really fun looking at yours; you and your husband (I can't believe you're married... well, I can, but you know what I mean) are really cute!
What are you studying in graduate school?? Seeing that picture of the testing center made me feel sick and homesick at the same time; I loved BYU! But I do NOT miss taking tests... :) Anyway, I'm sure you'll do great in grad school-- good luck! And good luck on your marathon! That's exciting!
Take care!
Love, Summer