Sunday, September 14, 2008

LOOK what IKE did...

...to Brandon's Family's house in Texas. Brandon wanted a post made about this, but refuses to come on here. I haven't been on the blog in so long because school and work have overtaken my life. Oh yeah, and the marathon that is now only 3 weeks away has taken some of my life as well. Since it has been a while, I figured I should just post something. I thought about letting everyone know about the bee who decided to sting me on my neck (directly inferior of my thyroid gland to be exact) and it hurt really bad, but I didn't think it would be very interesting in the end. So, here I am posting about the damage of devastating Hurricane Ike for Brandon.

Brandon's family lives in Spring, TX which is approximately 30 minutes north of Houston. They were not in the evacuation area, but were still going to get some of the high winds and rain. Nobody was hurt in our family, just our house. One of the big pine trees in the back yard fell right on the house and damaged the roof and back wall. Also, the power is out for their entire neighborhood and I think it's even more in the entire Houston area. It is estimated that they will be out of power for 2-4 weeks. Yikamolee!! Hopefully they can get power back a lot sooner than that. I'm so glad we have a prophet who consistently reminds us to put together our emergency kits and food storage and I am especially grateful when we obey that command.

I guess it's going to be a bit tricky to get the tree off the house (especially without power) because we don't want it to fall and break anything else. The plans are in to use another tree and rope to lift it off the house. Here are some pictures of the fallen tree:







5 comments:

Ali said...

OUCH. 2-4 weeks?? For reals? I'm thinking of all the things you'd be without...pretty much everything! Wow. I'm sorry for your family but it's nice to know it's somewhat small compared to the big picture of what it's done. Wow. Do they by chance own a private generator?? Good luck in school and in the marathon in a few weeks! I'm exited to hear about it.

J and L said...

Yikes!! And no power for how long?!?! Yeah, thank goodness for revelation and heeding the prophet!!
Hope all goes well for them!
And good luck on the marathon!

Michelle said...

wow, I could not imagine not having power for 2-4 weeks.

Andrea said...

sorry about the bee sting. i am not a fan of bees. . . . and I am VERY sorry about your husbands family's home but glad that they are okay. The no power thing - im pretty sure I wouldn't be so patient with that trial. Hope the power is on soon if not on already!

Anna said...

hot dang! That's so bad. Bout the same happened to my family, they all said it looked like a war zone. My mom put up some awesome pictures of the Timber Lakes neighborhood and Susan's old house. Check her blog at www.tadbit.blogspot.com