Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympic Moments

I was so sad that I couldn't stay awake and watch the spectacular duo go 1-2 in the All-around Women's Gymnastics. I really fought to stay awake, but ended up having to hear the news the next morning. I watched the replays of the event highlights. Nastia Liukin was phenomenal. I thought she just flew and then landed so soft and perfect. Shawn Johnson as always is just great. I get so scared for her on the beam and then she sticks it! I think Nastia and Shawn's gold silver finish is my new favorite Olympic moment. These two are great and have excellent sportsmanship. I think it is fun to have the rivalry, but it is so great how they support, congratulate, and encourage each other as friends. I am stoked that these two made Olympic history! It was also really exciting to watch the team finals where USA women took silver and men bronze. I love the Olympics. I keep getting sad because I think they are almost over, but then I remember that we still have all the track and field to watch!! Oh yeah, I almost forgot about one of my other favorite Olympic moments. In women's beach volleyball, Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh are the best. How many straight match wins? Nearly 100! And how many straight set wins? I don't know, but a lot! Awesome. My favorite Olympic moment with these "queens of the beach" was during the match against Belgium. Misty and Kerri were down by two points with Belgium having the set point. USA kicked it up a notch because they ended up winning the set! Belgium lost their chance at that set and at the game because then Misty and Kerri rocked out in the second set for a match win. Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh are headed straight for the gold!!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Dang! You are a hard-core olympic fan. I like to have it on, but I don't keep tabs like this! Although I have grown a small girl crush on Shawn Johnson. I think she is adorable...and incredibly talented! I couldn't tell you her stats though. I'm exited to hear about the girl you know in track/field!

Anna said...

Ha I love the olympics, my sister thinks I look like Shawn Johnson a bit. I couldn't get over mIchael phelps... he was awesome.