Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Moments

The time has finally come! I love watching the Olympics and I am addicted. So far my favorite Olympic moment happened last night at the Water Cube. Most of you were probably watching the amazing come back of Team USA during the Mens 4x100M Freestyle Relay. I will explain what happened just in case any of you missed it.

Michael Phelps started out followed by Gale then Jones. When Lezak entered the pool as the anchor, Team USA was behind France by an entire body length. France had been talking smack about Team USA for a couple of days about this race. They were the favorite and looked as if they were going to get their gold until the last 50 meters. Out of no where, Lezak starts gaining on Bernard (France) and flies to the finish just hundredths of a second in front of France! Lezak won it for USA and helped Phelps keep his goal of 8 Gold Medals this Olympics. It was an amazing and unbelievable finish!/? Lezak actually came in with a split of 46.06, the fastest 100M relay split in history! Plus, Team USA smashed the previous world record (held by themselves) by 4 seconds. The new world record is 3:08:24. For the news report and picture click here.

Here is a link of the video footage from that race on You Tube. I would recommend starting to watch the video around 3:25-3:30 then watch for about 30-40 seconds. The entire race is there if you want though.

I didn't want to put it on my blog just in case people start getting in trouble for not having permission to have this stuff;(.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrsBvw21gUQ

6 comments:

Anna said...

That moment was amazing! I love the Olympics.

J and L said...

I saw it too! Crazy! Men's gymnastics last night was pretty cool too!

By the by, you were right about having permission. The link you have for the vid isn't even on youtube anymore... :)

Ali said...

Your comment on my post about this cracked me up. Our husbands really are so alike in their interests. Too bad we don't live closer so we could hang out all together ;)Is it you or Emily that knows someone competing in the Olympics?? I can't remember...

Emily said...

I also love the Olympics. They have come at a bad time as I am preparing for my surgery "shelf" exam this Friday. The Olympics remind me of the summer John and I got married b/c we watched them all the time!
I actually stayed up to watch that race on Sunday. And it was well worth it! Absolutely amazing!!

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh this was amazing!! I love Micheal Phelps and I love the Olympics!!

Anna said...

AH I KNOW! I was so proud! I loved the commentary where he was saying how the French were trash talking us-only to see the look on their faces when they didn't win!!! BOOYAH!