Tuesday, November 11, 2008

IT's GoNe!

For the last 2 weeks or more I had been contemplating chopping off my hair and donating it. I have donated my hair to Locks of Love a few times before, but it's still so nerve racking every time. I searched the internet and looked at other's haircuts trying to decide what I wanted. I was thinking that the shorter the better, but not too short. I've never had a haircut shorter than my shoulders so it was time to try it out.

Before:
On Sunday, I decided this was a go and I was planning for the big chop off on Monday. I went to Platinum Salon (this was recommended to me) and realized they were closed. Such a bummer. I had finally gotten up the nerve to get it done and now it was going to have to be postponed. Well I still went through with it and I am glad I did. Now, it is so so so short. It's crazy that all my hair is gone. Total chop off was 13 inches (over an entire foot). Some cute kid is going to have a nice head of hair now, which I am happy about.

Brandon likes it. He had this enormous smile across his face when he saw my new look for the first time. It was a fun moment.

After:

11 comments:

Jana said...

I love your haircut; it looks great!

Andrea said...

conz it looks so good. love it

Anna said...

You look great with short hair (well, you looked great with your long hair too). Love it!

jenni said...

I love it! You are so cute- I hope it allows you to sleep in a few extra minutes since you have less hair to dry :)

Ali said...

Holy Mackeral! Your hair is gorgeous...before, and after! Nice that you can pull both looks off...and good for you for donating it!! How fun and fresh :)

Angel said...

I love it Connie! It seriously looks so awesome! You will come to love how quick and easy it is to do. That's about how much I cut off when I chopped mine off for the first time. Its scary but so fun to have a change! (you're tempting me to cut mine again. I'm trying to grow it out but its such a long process!)

Anna said...

Connie! You are so so so sweet to do that! I've always thought people who did that were so generous-I mean that's your hair! However, your new hair cut is so adorable I love it so much! We're coming to Utah this weekend by the way, I want to see y'all!

Karen said...

Oohh! I like your sexy new look! What a great thing to donate your hair to locks of love. So do you forget and use way too much shampoo in the shower?

Andra & Daryl Evans said...

connie I love it, it looks so good, way to go!!!

Ginger and JT Pruitt said...

ahhhh connie!! that looks great!!! I dont think I've ever seen it that short - and ive known you for a long time. wow, what nerve you have

summerk said...

Suuuuper cute, Connie!!! You look great!!! I bet you have to use a LOT less shampoo, and do a LOT less brushing! Cute!!