Friday, January 2, 2009

A Slopey Mess

The other day Brandon and I decided to hit the slopes up in Sundance Ski Resort. I have never been down hill anything, but Brandon really likes to snowboard. We had so much FUN snowboarding! I actually really liked it despite its detrimental effects on my body. I spent a lot of time on the ground during the first hour, but eventually got the hang of the snowboard and really enjoyed it.
(The above picture is actually after I have face planted. I am not posing:). Those edges are harsh!)
I had a couple of embarrassing moments involving the ski lift. Brandon really wishes he could have had a camera ready when I had to jump off the lift about 10ft because I missed the turn off thingy. Then another one when the lift worker told me I was lucky because he almost had to stop the lift for me to get on. Although, I don't claim that one as my fault because I got stuck in the middle and I felt like the two on either side of me were making it very difficult for me to keep my balance.
The weather was perfect for us to be out there and the snow was nice and fluffy. All the pictures were taken by Brandon so he wasn't able to be in very many. I didn't have much coordination as I was trying to learn the board, keep my balance, and watch where I was going at the same time so I didn't taken any of Brandon on the slopes. The only one I got was afterwards.
He's so cute with his board and hat hair. Hehe. We had a great time and hopefully we can go again soon.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks like fun Connie! I've always wanted to try snowboarding and have never been brave enough. I'm sure I would have had problems with the lift as well!

Ali said...

Ooh, I remember my first (and only) time of trying snowboarding last year and getting off the lift was the part I was most nervous for each time- it can be HARD! I'm glad you braved it and are ready to go again- they say the first time is miserable. I liked it ok though, and it sounds like you did too?! :)

Michelle said...

Sounds like a blast! I want to learn how to snow board but am not looking forward to all the crashing stuff.

Kat and Steve said...

Connie, you're brave. I don't know how to snowboard or ski and I probably never will because I'm convinced that I've missed the boat on that one. I'm too old and clumsy now. So props to you!

jenni said...

That pose on the ground looks a little too familiar to me :) Sadly, snow boarding is not something that I have taken the chance to figure out yet either. Still SO MUCH FUN! I hope you guys can go again in all the snow you've been getting there!

Anna said...

Ha oh man... at least you got it your first day. I spent three days on my butt before I could figure it out. Lean forward!!! And trust your front leg. Once you get used to that it's almost easier.

Princess said...

so jealous! i LOVE LOVE LOVE snowboarding! you'll get the hang of it! oh yeah, got a new blog. send me your blogger/gmail address if you wanna be a reader. @ alanandprincess@gmail.com
tell brando i said what's up!
-p

Tori said...

Connie! Looks like y'all had fun. The only time I went snowboarding I accidentally ran over a little kid...and knocked off his skis! (no worries...neither of us got hurt) but that was it for me...

We should try to get together some time before the end of the semester...it'd be fun to catch up with you!