Sunday, January 25, 2009

Honest Scrap!

Anna gave me the Honest Scrap Award! The rules of this award include listing 7 random things about yourself and passing it onto 7 honest bloggers. So seven random facts about me:

1) People confuse me for a Latin American. I am truly a mut and if we get into specifics then I am Japanese, Portuguese, Dutch and Irish. Judge me by the color of my skin if you want, but it won't change who I am. Numerous and I mean numerous people ask me if I speak Spanish or they just blurt out the language that I do not know expecting me to respond (lately, I am wishing I had taken Spanish in HS). It's all good. I take it for a nice laugh everytime. Here is a conversation between me and my now husband when we were dating for only about 2 weeks:
Brandon: (He had just met my sister for the first time) "Why does she look Asian?"
Moi: "Because she is!/?"
Brandon: "Oh. Really?" (I can tell by the look on his face that he is ultimately confused. He wants to ask if she is adopted or if I am adopted, but is unsure of how to ask.)
Moi: "I am Asian. We are both Asian. What did you think I was?"
Brandon: "Well, uh I don't really know but I guess hispanic or something. I thought you spoke Spanish."
BTW, I speak more French than I do Spanish. I went the French route in HS.
2) I am all about pushing my body to the limits. I love doing athletic things. Here is some of the big stuff I have done: run 4 marathons, 3 half-marathons and 5 triathlons.
3) I have a very strong intolerance to the cold. My fingers, toes and back just cannot handle cold weather. I look forward to our move to a warmer climate (such as CA) in the near future!

4) I love school, but deep down I have this fear about becoming a Nurse Practitioner. It's HARD! I will be on my own and people's lives will be in my hands. School is going just great, but when a patient comes to you with a complaint and it can be about 50 hundred different things. Oh man. Kinda scary!

5) I am an organized, clean-a-holic. I cannot stand a dirty house! I have to deep-clean-scrub everything in the house once a week. Thanks Brandon for always doing such a good job at scrubbing your half of the house.

6) I am a control freak, but have been working really really hard at humbling myself and just going with the flow. Do you remember the cartoon show Rugrats? It was all about the babies and then there was the mean cousin named Angelica. Well, my family nicknamed me "Angelica" because I was the controlling, bossy one.
7) In my last year of nursing school I went to Ghana in Africa for study abroad. We worked a little bit in an orphanage and at a local hospital. I can honestly say, "I have been to Africa!"
I would now like to honor...
1) Terri
2) Z
3) Princess
4) Michelle
5) Emily
6) Ann
7) Karen
...with the Honest Scrap Award! I look forward to seeing your posts:)!/

4 comments:

Liz said...

I didn't know you'd done all those triathlons! That's sweet. Also, with the being a nurse practitioner, you might want to work on your numbers, I think it's 5 thousand, not 50 hundred ;) You're awesome Connie!

Anna said...

haha I laughed outloud at that first one... you crack me up.

Hooray for all those running/stuff ... I wish I was more like that.

Ginger and JT Pruitt said...

hahahahahaha that was precious... "uh...why does she look asian" hahah I always thought your dad was Italian though

The Wilson Family said...

I never knew people mistaken you for being Hispanic, So funny! I did know you like things clean and orderly (as I was your roomate) I pushed your limits with that one!! Love you Conz! Fun blog post :o)