Sunday, February 1, 2009

Shrapnel

Shrapnel is the best salsa of its kind. There are A LOT of good salsa recipes out there and each one is a little different. Well, this one is really different. That is why it is called shrapnel rather than salsa. Here it is:

1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 onion, red or yellow
bunch of cilantro
2 avocado, cut into small pieces
1 or 2 cans of Casera Mexican Salsa (depends on how runny you want it)

Optional trade-outs or add-ins:
green onions
garlic
lime juice

Here is how it may turn out:

3 comments:

Angel said...

Sweet, that really is my favorite! Now I can make it. I'm excited! :)

Zandra said...

Hi Connie! I'm so excited to catch up with you! Thanks for the blog invite. By the way, that salsa looks SO good. The salsas with avocado are always my favorite. Yum!

Princess said...

thanks for the recipe! i'm gonna make that soon! tell brando i said what's up!