Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lately...

So here is what we have been up to lately...

I finished my last cram test at school! Each week we go through a bunch of material on Common Disorders and then we have the weekend to take a test on it. We fit a semester's worth of information into 7 weeks. Here is what my nose has been in for the last month and a half...
Almost all those papers are double sided so you can imagine a double the sized stack. It's just filled with various disorders, signs and symptoms, diagnosis, management, risk factors, and teaching, etc. I should bind those all together and make a big, fat textbook. It feels so good to be done with all that studying. Now, I can go and apply it to real life by spending the hours in clinical actually helping people (or learning how to help people).

I had my first day of clinical on Tuesday and it was great. I am set up in a clinic in Nephi, UT. Wow, hick city:)/?! It's so fun. I love the rural setting. I think I would love to work in a rural community, but would never want to live there. I need civilization. Anyways, I saw a lot of what we talked about in class. I am super comfortable gathering the history and doing a physical exam, but it's still very scary to make a diagnosis and plan for treatment. Good thing I have another year of school!/?

Brandon has been busy with school as well. He started his MS program in Electrical Engineering this January. He studies almost as much as me.

Other items of business:
Brandon's calling is with the Deacons. I laughed when he put his old Scout shirt on for the Court of Honor or whatever it is they do. I wasn't making fun of him. He just looked so cute. He is such a wonderful husband and person;).

I changed brands in running shoes. I have always been an Asics person minus the couple years I tried Addidas and Mizuno. After the Addidas (loved but more expensive than Asics) and Mizuno (did not really like) didn't work out, I went back to Asics and never thought I would stray ever again. Well, Runner's Corner convinced me to try Saucony. So here is my new running shoe for the Moab Half and Wasatch Back.
Please don't ask me about my training. It's barely existent at the moment. The nice weather we have had lately is what is making it barely existent. Please keep the beautiful warmth coming.
Lastly, the occasional mornings we get to sleep in have been wonderful. My favorite is waking up to the birds chirping outside our window. Spring is in the air and life is wonderful!

11 comments:

Emily said...

I don't know if you know this but my family moved to Nephi my senior year of high school. I graduated from Juab HS. That is so funny you are working at a clinic there! What a crappy drive!
Congrats on being done with the classroom. Now the FUN begins!! The H&P is the easy part. I still think coming up with the assessment and plan is tough. But of course, that's where the money's made.
Good luck with your clinicals. You will be amazing!

Ali said...

Aw, Saucony's...they got me through my cross country years! It brings me back :) Congrats on a new love...and good luck in the training!

Angel said...

I know a lot of people who swear by Saucony. When I was buying my last pair of running shoes the lady tried to convince me to get them. But I was too scared to try anything but Asics, which I love. So you'll have to let me know if you like them and maybe I'll give them a try when I buy my next pair (which is actually going to be soon, I think my current pair has seen its last days). :)

jenni said...

You are super woman! I am convinced, once again. Way to go in school! You are amazing.
Brandon's uniform looks great- i'm glad you have something to give him a hard time about... I'm sure the scouts love having him!
I've recently switched to Mizuno... well, I'm trying out my first pair, and have liked them a lot- we'll see how they do for the marathon- that will be the true test. They're a little more narrow than the Asics I've had in the past, so we'll see -they're treating me well so far. What model of Saucony is your pair?
Spring is coming! Yeah- I LOVE the temperature rise and the birds chirping too!
Let's chat soon! Have a great day!

Anna said...

I love Nephi! It's so... so small :) You've been so freakin busy-4 inches of paper??? GOOD GRIEF!

I love Brandon's outfit!

You do so much!!

Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Princess said...

you are such an amazing person connie! that brandon is one blessed man! does he know that? HE BETTER!!! you and all your races, you amaze me! and i acutally just got got that same pair of shoes for this mud run i'm running in a few months, except its mint green and love them. you have inspired me to run more races. :)

and your new toy is soooo awesome! i want one, but i always drop my phone so i probably need to practice not droppingmy phone now and maybe get one later.

and brandon in that old scout uniform is so dorky! tell him i said that! lol.

well, good luck with all the crazy busy things you got going on! you will be awesome! ps. tell brando i said hi!

Love,
Princess

Ginger and JT Pruitt said...

Brandon, fitting into your old boyscout uniform is a true test - congrats on passing (it looks a bit loose actually). And Conz, no more pencils, no more books...? congratulations!

The Reichmans said...

speaking of running I saw you running on University with Brandon riding along next to you-I think it was sat at least it really looked like you:)

Anna said...

ha whatever! I'm lame-besides you and my mom I don't think anyone reads my blog! :) Thanks for the vote! She's pulling ahead ever so slightly!

Unknown said...

You two are wonderful!! Keep up the good work. "Thanks Mom" for making sure I finished my Eagle. j/k... Actually I'm not. =]