Thursday, August 20, 2009

Texas Happenings

Last week we went to Houston, Texas to visit Brandon's family. We had a lot of fun and loved seeing everyone and being with family! Here is some of what we did...

Visited the Houston Natural Science Museum. Pictures to come I think.

Swimming! I have been wanting to go all summer and we finally did. I think I was so happy we were swimming that I forgot to take pictures. This was the only one.
Played with the Sugar Gliders in Anna and Jeff's bathroom (the little guys are nocturnal and the bathroom is where they live). SO much fun!
We redecorated the cultural hall at the church for Bridget's (Brandon's sister) wedding reception.
Then the next day we went to Bridget and Stephen's sealing in the Houston Temple.
We ate some great food at the reception.
We embarrassed the car, or rather, the drivers in the car.
We drove to Austin (about 3 hours away) to see Stephen's house and chase the chickens in the backyard so we could try and hypnotize them. And honestly, we were chickens when it came to picking them up. As shown in the video, we let them go right by us. I think I'm a wuss:). We did eventually catch one and hypnotized it.

Then we got a flat tire on the way home. I have no idea how that huge whole got there. Luckily we had a good spare.
We really enjoyed our time and look forward to another visit!

8 comments:

Angel said...

Sounds like such a FUN trip!! My sister has a sugar glider and they are super fun! You looked so pretty at the reception!! And what is up with the chicken hypnotizing? Never heard of that.

Kat and Steve said...

Fun! I've always wanted to go to Texas. And Connie, your black dress is SO cute!

Anna said...

I'm totally intrigued by the chicken hypnotizing. Haha I could watch that video all day :) You are funny.

Man y'all were busy while you were here!!!

And WOW. Her reception was BEAUTIFUL... just BEAUTIFUL!

Princess said...

don't you just love texas or what?
awe:( i miss it there.

and yes, i teach seminary!!

Emily said...

Looks like a fun and busy trip. I had never heard of a sugar glider.
I'm glad you are okay with the flat tire. Those often turn into blown tires and into accidents!

NickandAmber said...

Love that cute little black dress! Looks like you had a lot of fun in TX!

Unknown said...

Great blog...love the collages!! I need to get your pics. We loved having you here. Thanks for coming and thanks for the help. Miss you!

Ali said...

Sugar Gliders make crazy noises, don't they? My sister's friend had one and if I remember right, they are pretty crazy.

That is a HUGE hole! I'm surprised it didn't blow- how crazy! I'm glad everyone was ok. Sounds like you had a great time...I love the flower in your hair too :)