Sunday, October 11, 2009

Remembering the Sewing Skills...

Yesterday evening Brandon took a pretty hard spill while mountain biking. He has cuts and bruises everywhere, including a fairly deep gash around his right triceps area.
So, this morning we went to the new Provo InstaCare, which by the way is a very convenient and efficient little clinic. (The thought crossed my mind about working there after graduation. We will see.)We conversed a while with the doctor and he was really nice. I asked him if he would let me put in a stitch or two and I was so surprised when he said: "Put some gloves on!". He let me put in 3 of Brandon's 7 stitches and gave me some pointers along the way. It was much easier than putting stitches in pigs if you remember from this post.
The 3 stitches that I put in are in the middle. It was pretty neat and now I have done it in real life!

13 comments:

Angel said...

AWESOME! I mean, not that he got hurt, but that you got to help stitch him up! Sounds like you're continuing the mountain biking! :) We just went last night and it was a blast!

Princess said...

cool battle wound brando!
and good job stiching him up, connie :)!!!
--princess

Emily said...

Yahoo! It's so much easier in real life don't you think? So fun! When are you done with school?

Ali said...

Too cool! Real live practice :) Brandon's a good sport, then again- there's probably no one else on this earth that would be as good and as gentle as you would on him! :) Kudos Connie!

Liz said...

That is so cool!

jenni said...

Nice wound, Brandon, and great work Nurse Conz!!! The stitches look AWESOME! You are a great team :) Team Taylors!

Anna said...

Oh my gosh-you seriously are my hero every time I read your blog!

Plaster Family said...

Awesome! That is great you got some real practice on such a willing patient!

The Reichmans said...

That is really cool that he let you do that. Great job! I hope your husband is okay though...

Steve and Stephanie said...

Again, SO AWESOME!!! Great memories. You're so hardcore Connie :)

The Wilson Family said...

Conz, very very impressed! When are you done with school?? I am so proud of you!

Greg H said...

That's amazing. You're practically a field medic, now.

Shem and Teresa said...

That's so cool Connie!!! Great job!!!! ;)