Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Oh my SHniKiEs! I married a nerd...

 

Brandon has been working on his senior project for electrical engineering this semester. The project is to build a 'quadrotor' which is an autonomous flying object. It is really interesting and fun to go up to the quadrotor lab at BYU and watch him program various things to make the quadrotor fly on its own. Every couple of weeks the class has a competition to see who has come the farthest with getting the object to actually fly AND on its own. This past competition, Brandon came in first. He was actually the only person to be able to get the quadrotor to fly by itself. Many of the other people had the quadrotor flying, however, it was controlled. Here are some pictures of his quadrotor. It is not the most attractive of objects, but we are working on that part later!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Angel said...

Well... a nerd he may be but that is pretty amazing! I wish I were that smart! But, in order to read the post I had to stop laughing at the title first. haha, man I don't know why but that just cracks me up!! Probably because I can just see you saing that! haha...nice

Anna said...

Haha Jessica and I are over here and I was showing her ya'lls blog, and we were like... "We could've told you that!!!"

Unknown said...

Who taught that fine young man everything he knows?? =] I love you two. You are amazing.