Sunday, May 17, 2009

Adventures in Moab

We just love Moab. There is so much to do there and we often find ourselves taking mini vacations to Southern Utah ending up in Moab. This time around we invited my brother Robby and his wife to join us. We had a blast! We drove down on Friday morning and dropped our bikes off at the hotel in Green River. (We prefer to stay in Green River because it is so much cheaper and not far from Moab.) Then we headed out west of Moab to the San Rafael Swell. There is a GREAT hike through some slot canyons and we loved it. Here are a bunch of pictures.After the hike we went back to the hotel and soaked in the hot tub.
The next morning we loaded up our bikes and headed into Moab for some Slickrock mountain biking. We were only able to bring 2 bikes so we took turns going out onto the trails. There were some INTENSE parts, but it was the coolest bike ride I have ever done.
Here is a video from Brandon of biking out on Slickrock. There was quite a bit of steep up and down hills. Some parts were very scary and hard.

After biking we went on some unexpected off-roading in our Honda Civic in search of some great rock climbing. Here is what our car crawled through. Just kidding. It was bumpy but not that bad and we did see some real rock crawling jeeps. They looked way fun and maybe we will have to try that next time.
After a couple hours of no luck finding what we wanted and being a bit wiped out we headed home. It was an awesome vacation and a great start to the summer.

11 comments:

jenni said...

Looks like s much fun! What a great vacation in the sun playing hard :) Conz you look like a hard core mountain biking chic- I love it! Great pictures! You look great :)

Emily said...

I want to go to Moab so bad. I've never been but you always make it look like so much fun. Great pics.

Emily said...

Great idea! That would be so so much fun. John loves Moab so he would be up for this.

Sam and Terri said...

Looks like a ton of fun. I am really sad we missed it. Again in July?
Glad you guys came over this afternoon. Sorry about Brandon. Hope he starts to feel better soon.

Ali said...

Whoa, you and your brother look a lot a like :) Moab IS really beautiful...I love your pictures. Makes me want to be there...

Angel said...

AWESOME! I'm glad you guys ended up doing slick rock and loved it! You'll have to tell me stories about it and hopefully when we go there next I'll be brave enough to try it. I think I could handle it :) Looking at your pictures really makes me want to go down there soon!

Princess said...

love the pics and brando's video.
looks fun! ya'll are always dong some kind of adventure together! you guys are perfect for each other! :)
ps. hi brando!

Kat and Steve said...

Moab is seriously amazing. It's been way too long since I've been there. Looks like you had a great trip!

Ginger and JT Pruitt said...

I keep seeing these commercials: "Explore Utah" -is that you guys on tv?? ha! sounds like you guys had a stellar time. what I want to know is how you got some many pictures with the four of you in them... who is this mysterious fifth camera man/woman? did you invite janet and not tell anyone?? ahha

Unknown said...

Love the blog!! Thanks for doing it. It is such a great way to see what's going on in your lives. Love you!

Anna said...

I totally love that you left me so many comments-you are so my favorite! :)

Ha I love the video Brandon made. I was a little nervous for him cause it's hard to ride with one hand!