Saturday, May 30, 2009

Race for Red

Cardiac rocks!! I love the CPCU, Cardiac Progressive Care Unit, which is the floor I work on. Everything about it is just so great...
  • Cardiac patients are the best kind to care for. We see everything from EP Studies and Ablations (cardiac rhythm stuff) to open heart surgeries.
  • All the nursing staff is exceptional at caring for our patients and at being the best co-workers. There is a great unity on CPCU. Sometimes I am at work, but I feel like I am at home and it's not just because I have been there for 12 hours straight.
  • All the cardiac surgeons and cardiologists blow everyone else out of the water at what they do. We really have an amazing Heart Services line.
As you can see, cardiac rocks! Well today, we all did something amazing. We ran a 5K to raise awareness for women and heart disease. Contrary to what some people may believe about breast cancer and other Women's issues, heart disease is the #1 killer of men AND women in the country.This is everyone from cardiac surgeon to nurse who participated in some way for Race for Red. We all had so much fun running together!
This shot is just the CPCU chicks. You wouldn't believe how many patients ask us if a requirement to work on our floor is to be a young and cute girl:) Anyways, I really do love being a cardiac nurse and never want to leave the greatest floor ever.

Race for Red was such a great cause and motivation for heart healthy living. It really is inspiring!

10 comments:

Ali said...

Aw, you have no idea how much I miss all you people! Seriously, looking at these pictures- my stomache did turns cause I miss you all so much. So many familiar faces in these pictures- I stared at them for like five minutes. Love it.

jenni said...

Conz, First- I LOVE the shorts! Second- Way to go Cardiac team!!! That's awesome that you all came together in such a great cause- in addition to the great work that you do in the service of others every day you're at the hospital! YOU are inspiring. Press on! :)

Anna said...

Ah you are so amazing! So yes! let's train together. I am going to have to get my butt together when you come down in August!

The Reichmans said...

That is awesome that you all did that together. I recognized so many people in that picture-even if I did only last four months on that floor. It seems like you have had some fun adventures lately.

Princess said...

you go girl! its fun when you get along w/ your co-workers and work is fun. i'm sure you're a fabulous nurse!
loves to the taylors!!
---johnsons & lincoln

Chelsea said...

WOW what a great floor you have, and what an awesome thing to do. I loved the pics and seeing familiar faces!

jennie said...

I win the prize for the red face. Cute pics!!!

Plaster Family said...

I miss all you guys!! And I miss running races. The last one I did was the Wasatch Back last year. :(

Emily & Brannick Adams said...

I feel the same as Ali and Karen, I miss everyone SO much, and I'm so sad that I didn't get to participate in the Race for Red (I helped come up with the idea for the race)! There is no better place to work than the CPCU (believe me, I've worked other places). I'm so glad it turned out well, I can't wait to run the Wasatch back next week!

Steve and Stephanie said...

aw, this made me want to cry :) you girls are awesome and I miss you my months that I'm off the floor!!!