Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tour de France

I know I blogged about this last year, but I have to again. My latest obsession is watching the Tour de France. I have grown to LOVE this sport, especially watching it. It's very inspiring and although I do not understand all the rules entirely, I have been following the stats of the big riders and getting way into it. I am even enjoying the commentators and their British accents and when they say something that I do not understand...well, let's just say good thing for Google:). I give you permission to ask me what 'Peloton' means...

This clip is crazy. It's from the Tour de France back in 2003. It's the awesomest short cut (maybe it's cooler because it's Lance Armstrong) and I was a little worried that there would be some sort of penalty, but apparently it's not entirely against the rules.

5 comments:

Anna said...

OHMYGOSH can he do this!? Well whatever. I was loving it when the guys would hold onto the cars while their legs got bandaged. How is that OK either? .... Don't really care if it is or not cause I LOVE IT TOO! Probably not quite the fan you are but hey still it's way cool.

Steve and Stephanie said...

you two have been watching this too!?!?! US TOO!!! haha...good stuff...i love it when they replay that guy flying over the side rails over the ledge....pretty insane!

Princess said...

totally amazing athlete, but not keeping up with it. i just like the highlights and cool stuff like such as your video.

Michelle said...

I have never reallyl gotten into this....maybe I should check it out.

jenni said...

Converting to cycling????? as an addition, not replacement of running, of course :)