Monday, May 17, 2010

Cruise 2010: Cozumel, Mexico

Do I look Mexican [don't mind my goof smile]? I don't see it, but the locals thought I was a local. I think it would be to my benefit that I learn Spanish...
Cozumel was the best! We had so much fun! In the morning we went on a snorkeling adventure. We decided to pay for a tour this time because we could take a boat and go out further to see everything. We had some incredible encounters [videos too]...


This next one is awesome. These fish have no fear. They'd come right up to you and nibble on your finger if you put it out. Fish attacks and a video...

Brando got to see his barracuda. That was something he really wanted to see and I held myself together so we could see it. It was actually really cool. The barracuda must have been surrounded by a school of 10,000 fish. I have a video of it as well [at first you will just see a really dark cloud...look in the center clearing of the dark cloud for the skinny dark line...that will be the barracuda]...

After snorkeling, I decided that we really needed to eat an authentic taco in a taco shop on the beach [we considered the possibility of getting sick and decided we'd be ultra careful, but I just really wanted to have done this in my life]. We found a cute place right on the beach and ate the best tacos we have ever eaten in our lives...
I know you are wondering-- we didn't get sick so it turned out great! Lastly, we walked around the streets and enjoyed the incredible views...

8 comments:

The Wilson Family said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!! Soooo jealous. It looks so beautiful and WARM :o) Ahhhhh.

Angel said...

You are so funny! I never would have thought you'd be afraid of fish. It's hilarious to hear you squeal. :) Those pictures are amazing though. That underwater camera is awesome! It really makes me want to get one for our cruise!

Trevis said...

Man, those fish are cool and that food looks great, I miss authentic mexican food, the tortas are the best burger/sandwich type food ever.

Stephanie said...

That barracuda video was so cool! I also thought the one with you surrounded by fish was amazing. My favorite line in this post: "I held myself together so we could see it." That would totally be me--I have an irrational fear of fish. So glad you guys had such a good time!

NickandAmber said...

Just read all of your posts- looks like you guys had a SUPER AWESOME trip! I showed all of your pics (beautiful BTW and LOVE all the underwater ones) to Nick, I'm hoping we can go on a cruise when he graduates! :)

Sam and Terri said...

Just seeing all those slimy fish around you gives me the chills. I don't think snorkeling is for me. I will eat tacos with you though. Those look delicious. Glad you had such a fun time on your cruise. And I am very jealous of your tan.

Michelle said...

Hey, I am going to make my blog private. If you want to leave me your email I will add you to my list :)

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh- what a fun trip!!! I am trying not to be too jealous :) Glad you guys had a great trip. Loved looking at all your pics