Friday, May 14, 2010

Cruise 2010: Labadee, Haiti

Our first port day was in Labadee, Haiti. Don't worry all you people thinking "Haiti" "earthquake" "disaster" etc. Labadee is a private peninsula owned by Royal Caribbean. We really did not see Haiti except this beautiful small piece of the island...
We spent the morning at the beach enjoying land mixed with a few episodes of snorkeling...
Snorkeling is awesome. Brandon has become obsessed with it. He kept trying to make me wear the fins and telling me I needed to practice for when we went to Cayman and Cozumel [because we would see the 'big stuff' there]. He is so funny when he gets worried about me. We did see some really cool things...


















In the afternoon, we walked around and explored.
Everything was gorgeous and we had so much fun on our first port day. Next up: Jamaica!

5 comments:

Jennifer Tolman said...

Connie! I'm glad you got a break.. nice and warm and relaxing! I'll have to give you a call soon so you can tell me about it a little more. I really really enjoyed the earlier post of the nienie (sp?) blog!

Summer Carlile said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast!

Ali said...

Yeah! I'm glad you're putting more detail in your trip posts...oh and I so wish you guys lived closer. Brandon and Jeff would be great buds...I know they're both computer nerds, and Jeff is ALWAYS looking for a snorkeling companion on small surf weekends. Anytime you come down and want to snorkel, we could show you some great places and you could use our gear! :)

Kathy said...

Love the pics...and you had an under water camera!! How cool! Can't wait to see more pics of your va-cay

jenni said...

Cruises... ice skating on your way to snorkeling in Haiti. Now that is the life!