Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cruise 2010: On Board

We went on a Western Caribbean Cruise last week and had so much fun. We based out of Port Canaveral, Florida and went to Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, and Mexico. The weather was beautiful so we were able to do so many great things.
We hung out in Cape Canaveral, Florida for a few hours before we could board the ship and came across this...
Our ship's name was Freedom of the Seas. It was so huge. When we got on board we gave ourselves a mini tour. It took a few hours to hit every deck front and back of the ship. Despite our efforts to learn where things were, I felt like we still discovered something new everyday we were on board.



























We played on the climbing wall and the mini golf course...

















We hung out by the pool and worked on our tan and visited the ice skating rink in the middle of the ship...











We got only a little fat with all the amazing food and really enjoyed our dinner guests (from NYC) and our waiter (from India)...











We saw some amazing shows in the evenings: the ice show, a magic show, comedy, and singing and dancing shows. They were all really good...






















We attempted some pictures on the ship deck with the sunset. On the last night you could see Miami, Florida on the horizon.





















And of course you cannot forget our surprise animal towels each night when we returned to our room...














More to come so check back!

9 comments:

Kathy said...

That is a sign I would not want to come across!
I wanna go on a cruise! The ship looks awesome and so do those towel animals! I can't wait to see more pics!

Zandra said...

Oh, I am so jealous. Those pictures look incredible. It is my mission in life to make Spencer take me on a cruise, but leaving his business to a place with no cell phone reception is sadly impossible. Glad you enjoyed the trip!

Emily said...

So much fun! We love cruises! It looks like you had a great time!

Ali said...

The shows sound amazing! I can't get over that chicken hanging towel- I've never seen that one! Too too funny. It all looks beautiful and wonderful! I'm glad you had such a great time.

NickandAmber said...

YAY for super fun, relaxing totally awesome vacations with the hubby! Looks like you guys had a great time :)

Stephanie said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you posted pictures--can't wait for more. Your cruise looks like such a blast--I'm so glad you guys got to do that. Good job on taking some great pictures. The food especially looks awesome. :)

Jana said...

That looks so fun!! I'm glad you had such a great time :)

Unknown said...

So fun!! I'm so glad you got to go. That's on my list of things I hope to do someday.

jenni said...

The lobster looks incredible! And I especially like the special touch of the animal-shaped towels :)