Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cruise 2010: George Town, Grand Cayman

We absolutely loved the Cayman Islands! The water was gorgeous...you know the clear bright blue kind. We basically fell in love with this place and decided we could possibly make it a permanent residence! They do have a medical school there; we saw it:)! Anyways, our visit in Cayman consisted of a lot of walking along the beaches to various snorkeling areas and looking at fish all day long!
We started by snorkeling at the Wreck of the Gamma. It is an old wrecked ship site right off the coast. You know fish love things like this; it's their hangout. You can see the wreck close to shore in between the 2 cruise ships in the distance (Freedom of the Seas is on the right)...
We swam out to the shipwreck and saw tons...
Can you see it below?... It's not the crab. Look for a peacock flounder...
Here is a video at the Wreck of the Gamma...

Our next snorkeling area was called Eden's Rock. This place had tons including creatures on land. We ran into this guy...
Here is what we saw underwater at Eden's Rock...
Our last snorkeling spot was called Hammerheads. When we first got into the water I saw some scary looking huge Hammerhead sharks, or so I thought. I was getting so mad at Brando because he wouldn't listen to me to turn back. [Heck no was I going into water with sharks.] Well, it turns out that they were not sharks, but the hugest fish called Tarpon. I seriously think some of them were as big as me. I guess those fish can get up to 7ft long...
Here is a video of me freaking out with these huge fish. It does sound horrible with a bunch of yelling and me acting like a baby, but Brando thinks it's funny and he really wanted me to put it on here...

The port into Cayman was not big enough for our ship so we had to take a tender back and forth. Here we are on the tender heading back to the ship for the day...
Next up is Cozumel, Mexico! It was so the best!

7 comments:

Angel said...

Oh man I was laughing so hard watching that video. It sounds so funny to hear you guys talk with your snorkles on! Everything looks beautiful though. Those fish really were huge, and you can tell you were scared. :) Way fun Connie!!

Michelle said...

I am so jealous. That looks like so much fun. No wonder why you are so tan!!

Steve and Stephanie said...

haha yeah I was definitely laughing

Ali said...

That was hilarious! I had to call Jeff in the room to watch it with me and he SO understood Brandon and I SO understood you freaking out! I would be too...those were huge! Jeff had fun trying to translate what you were saying like- "THIS IS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROPE!" ---he said- 'That is so you'...and he's right:)

Stephanie said...

That was so funny!! I'm LOVING all these pictures of your trip. Keep them coming!

Kat and Steve said...

Loved ALL the pictures and videos! Cruises really are the best, huh? Looks like you had an amazing time. You deserve it!

Sam and Terri said...

You are crazy for swimming with those giant things. Even little fish scare me. I am team Connie on this one. Sorry Brando.